maandag 20 april 2020

Stampin with Liz Design: Gull Gang Card!

Hi there crafters! Welcome to a new Stampin with Liz Design blog post! Today I'd like to share some seagull fun with you! I've created a card before with this amazing stamp set called Gull Gang from Create a Smile stamps, which you can find here, so love this set! So today some more inspiration with these cheecky fellows!


I have to admit, I'm not a big bird fan, lol, I'm a huge animal lover, but something about the flying creatures gives me the creeps. I prefer animals that stay on the ground I guess. But, I do love them on a card, luckily, they don't flap with their wings here! This cheecky threesome look like they are all ready to be a bit mischievous! Want to know how I created this fun card? Let me tell you! I started this card with a white card base in A2 size (which is aproximately 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"). I then diecutted a fun front panel from a piece of white cardstock with the largest die from the Postage Stamp dies from SugarPea Designs. These dies are really a good investment, I use them a lot to create panels with! I then started working on a fun background, using a stencil, a blending tool and ink.


I find the circles from the In Circles stencil from Create a Smile really mesmerizing! Aren't they stunning?!  I used this fun stencil for my background. I wanted to stay inside the stitched lines from my panel and keeping some white space at the bottom, so in order to keep these spaces white, I used masking tape to cover them with. I blended the circles on to my panel with Faded Jeans Distress Oxide ink from Ranger, my definite ink to go to for blending! Keeping my stencil on it's place after blending, I spattered some blue ink spatters on to this background to make it a bit more interesting, but keeping the white circles white! I stamped the text 'You're Part of My Gang' underneath with Black Tuxedo Memento ink.


I then wanted to add some more fun details on to this clean background and created a few drops with the Nuvo Crystal Drops bottles in the colours Simply White and navy Blue. Just love how easy you can make these gorgeous drops! I then stamped the seagulls, the poles I wanted them to sit on and some french fries from the set. This set doesn't come with coördinating dies, but off course you can easily fussy cut them or maybe you own a cutting machine. I love fussy cutting, totally relaxing! I coloured these fun items with Copic Markers and added them on to my front panel using dimensionals. I love using dimensionals between my front panel and card base as well, so I did for this card too. Hope you enjoy! If you'd like to enter the latest challenge at Create a Smile Challenges, please check it here! We are having a gorgeous moodboard up this challenge, you can enter untill April 27th. If you don't own a Create a Smile stamp set yet, you can use on of the freebies that are up on their site! Hope to see you all there, thanks for stopping by!









https://www.facebook.com/StampinwithLizDesign/?ref=bookmarkshttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UC94CUqin1kXfhno_CpAZB_g?view_as=subscriber

17 opmerkingen:

  1. Prachtige kaart Linda.
    Leuk met de vogels. Ze zitten mooi drie op een rij.
    Groetjes Elle-jeanne

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. wat een gaaf kaartje met de leuke zeemeeuwen, wat zitten ze gezellig met elkaar net of ze in overleg zijn
    mooie achtergrond met de cirkels
    groetjes ellen

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Leuke gave kaart met de meeuwen, en een leuke achtergrond.
    Groetjes, Eri

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Kijk die meeuwen lekker zitten kletsebetsen...leuke kaart Linda.
    Ik dacht al; cavia stal de pluizebol....is het Linda! Hihi.
    Lieve groetjes xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Haha, ik zag het idd al! Gisteren een blog voor de caviastal van de kinderen gemaakt, kreeg mijn eigen profiel er ineens niet meer voor! Dank je! Groetjes Linda

      Verwijderen
  5. Wat een super leuke kaart, heerlijk die meeuwen kunnen gewoon samen scholen, niks aan de hand...ziet er zo gezellig uit!!

    liefs Annemarie en Merit

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Dank je Annemarie en Merit! Haha, idd, de geluksvogels! Groetjes Linda

      Verwijderen
  6. Prachtige zomerse kaart Linda!
    Groetjes Doris

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. ach wat een lieffie een gaaf mooi kaartje Linda
    Gr Karin

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Wat een gaaf stelletje meeuwen, Linda. Ik geniet altijd van de meeuwen als we in Scheveningen zijn. Ze zijn zó brutaal. Ik moet altijd lachen als ze over scheren en bij iemand de friet uit zijn bakje meepikken.
    xxx Margreet

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Dank je Margreet! Je moet je eten idd niet laten zien, haha, ben je zo vanaf geholpen! Groetjes Linda

      Verwijderen
  9. Wat een mooie achtergrond! Geeft iets heel speciaals aan je kaart! Groetjes, Gerrina

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen